Saturday, December 31, 2022

The last of the year and the last of the Masters of the Universe, for now....



Another year in blogging flies by, more toy soldiers lovingly painted, placed carefully in foam trays and packed away to wait patiently for an opportunity to roll dice. I shouldn't complain too much though, I did get some gaming in this year and youngest Lead offspring is showing more interest and attention span in gaming. I'm sure it won't be a blink of an eye before he is off wandering around wargame shows whilst Illustrious Opponent and myself just spend the day in the refreshment area holding court and nodding sagely as we inspect the wares that have been purchased.

The Analogue painting challenge has started up again with an incredible amount of toy soldiers already painted before the year is out. Getting time to paint in between the many Christmas events, chores and errands running up to the big day was a bit tricky, but I did manage to get at least one post in before Christmas. You can see the posts so far here and let me tell you, the speed and volume has not diminished the quality. I sometimes think if there was an expected standard of painting to join the challenge I wouldn't always qualify. (There isn't of course, they are all a lovely welcoming bunch and all levels of experience are welcome I am sure.)

For those not wandering over the to the challenge site, my first post included the last of my current Masters of the Universe Battleground collection. I am intending on getting the next wave of models, (including a dinosaur!) but for now I have finished.





This time the theme seemed to Orange, a colour I have never had much luck with painting before, but it seems to have worked this time. Once again I had to do some pallet mixing on my wet pallet to get some colours right, but I think I did okay. I'm still yet to get a game going (Youngest Offfspring has no interest in MOTU at all), I do have one friend interested and excited to try the system, although unfortunately he lives a couple of hours away, so we might have to wait. No worries, when he does visit I'll be ready to go...

2 comments:

  1. It's the middle of February, and I'm just catching up with your posts. Don't give up on blogging. I like your style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Its great to hear someone is enjoying the blog.

      Delete