Saturday, September 23, 2023

Well, that happened.

When I started this blog back in 2018 it was intended as a fun reflection of my personal part of the hobby, mainly an exercise for myself. Previous attempts at blogging had taught me about typing into the vast void of the ever expanding Internet where everyone has an opinion and nobody is interested in anyone else's, especially mine.

Interestingly though, with a little bit of effort I managed to get a few people to read this blog (not just friends and family) and I like to think that some people do enjoy it. I've always been positive, I don't do this for money or exposure, I don't try to massively increase exposure by click baiting, GW bashing or following trends. I just talk about what I love and if anyone else is interested, well that is nice.

So, when my last post about my day at Colours 2023 as a new member of the club attracted some less than positive comments I was a little surprised. I'm all for constructive criticism but without any negativity from myself it suddenly got a little mean.
Mean comments about individuals in the club were made and then I was attacked for removing comments. Now I'm not an idiot, I've always known there are those kind of people on the Internet (others can be a lot nastier too) but in my tiny little corner of the Internet I didn't think enough people were listening to me to attract that kind of attention. I don't know what weird,  grumpy arguments had gone on in the past with these people, I'm not interested. I just like painting toy soldiers and rolling dice, that is what my blog is about, it's kind of obvious.

So in a weird twisted kind of way I'm taking it as a complement I guess?! My blog finally attracted the weirdos? The fact that they think they have a right to comment whatever they want on my blog and I let it happen is just bizarre. This isn't a public forum, this isn't Facebook or Twitter (Oh that cesspool is another conversation, I left that the minute there was even the possibility that the moron might buy it.) This is my little soapbox and if you want to make those comments go write your own blog and talk to the void. I'm not interested.

Anyway, normal service will resume shortly I am sure. 

6 comments:

  1. There seems to be a lot of angst at your club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The club is fine, it seems to be all ex members or other locals. I have no time for any of it. None of my business I'm thinking, I shall continue wearing my "rose tinted glasses" I guess. Seems a happier way of living.

      Delete
  2. I just read the comments. I thought they were pretty fair. Did you remove the more ‘nasty’ ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, as I said I don't mind constructive criticism. The comments I removed crossed the line though (albeit an imaginary line set by my own politeness code I admit.)

      Delete
  3. I gave up going to NRWS, got fed up with the three to four person attendance on gaming nights. Not a committee member to be seen. I understand it’s got better, but not much. I might start attending again, but my experience has not been great in the past. I find Newbury College a bit out of the way as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is definitely more than 4 people these days. I can understand the college may be out of the way for some, for myself it's really handy, hence I have recently starting going.

      Delete