Thursday, June 1, 2023

I got carried away

So, a while ago I decided I needed vikings. I bought a load of metal vikings at Colours and only painted a couple of them. I think it was because I had picked up the rulebook Ragnarok and it looked fun. Well, I finally finished painting the rest of them:

They are all painted in the same restricted pallette as my Frostgrave barbarians, which although not historically accurate, do go well with the vikings.

The standard bearers were the last to be done as I really wasn't keen on handpainting some flags and I hadn't found a set of pre-printed I liked. In the end I found a pdf online with some examples that were just a bit too large. A simple click of a mouse to print the pdf in landscape instead of portrait, shrunk all the images by half. A couple of layers of pva gave the paper some structure so it stayed in the wavy flag form and then superglue finished the job sticking the two halves together.

I couldn't resist getting everything out on a table with a bit of terrain just for the photo opportunity. This is all a mix of various manufacturers but keeping the pallette simple across them all I think has tied them together. I can use the vikings for some historical skirmishing and then if I want to do something a bit more fantastical (Dragon Rampant to the max anyone?) I can put this all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment