Saturday, April 10, 2021

No Salute Today

It should have been Salute today. So, a second year running I am missing you all, with you backpacks and your trolley suitcases. Getting up at a ridiculous time in the morning to catch two trains, then a walk across London, a tube, the DLR then a final walk to join the massive queue. The annual game of look at the other passengers on the DLR and guess whether they are a wargamer or a marathon runner, all good fun. To think that last year I genuinely was keeping my fingers crossed that this would all blow over by April so Salute would still go ahead, never mind still be going on a year later. On the plus side, start putting a tenner a week to one side for spending budget for Salute and you'll be drowning in lead by the end of the day by the time you get to the Excel.

So, what have I been painting this week? Well, one of the joys of blogging is you have a date record of when you obtain some items. So I know I got these models in June 2018. Painted in less than two years, that isn't too bad for a grumpy Longbeard wargamer. 
With the imminent arrival of Stargrave and Xenos Rampant, I thought I might have a little flutter with a bit of Sci-fi. 


These are Grenadier "Troopers with heavy weapons". They have a definite Aliens feel to them with what look like Pulse rifles and flak armour. I might even see if I can find some suitable Xenos for them to be swarmed by.


2 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten its Salute day today. How disappointing......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm sorry to remind you Ray. Yep, it's now been two years since the last bloggers meet up. We shall meet again!!

    ReplyDelete