Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Stan The Man

 Editor in Chief, from Crooked Dice
As well as being a wargamer I love comic books. Yep, I burden my life with two heavy box storage hobbies. I even recently took on the task of cataloging my entire collection onto a database. Yes, I will take on any procrastinating task to put off painting my lead mountain. Well, as a fan of the medium I bow down to the Legend that is Stan the Man Lee. So when I saw this model from Crooked Dice I had to paint it up to look like the Grandfather of comics. The model also happens to be holding a suitable item that could be painted up as a comic, so I asked in my last blog post for answers on a postcard as to what it should be. I actually got a postcard. 

The Dashing Duke
A suitable postcard I thought considering some of my other painting efforts, on the reverse addressed to "The idiot with the paintbrush" my Brother in Law with too many spare stamps and a practical sense of humour had requested Amazing Fantasy number 15. Well, as luck would have it, I agreed with the choice. Please excuse my clumsy brushstrokes, but I'm quite proud of the result...



Yep, I think it looks worse in close up, but you get more of the idea.
Marvel's original
What else have I painted since we last spoke? Well everything else is mostly in progress still. I have finished a rather dashing, stylised version of General Custer from Scorpion Miniatures.
 


Finally these little guys have arrived ready for construction. I thought I would share them with you as they are a reasonably new company so folks might want to see the actual contents.



You get eight of the following sprue inside the box for £25. There are no bases included, but then everyone has different preferences on bases anyway. Kits I buy that have bases included? I tend to squirrel them away somewhere and buy different ones anyway. I figure I can make a unit of bowmen, a unit of spearmen and then with a couple of conversions from my bits box a couple of characters.


So, give me a couple of months and I may have made a start on this. Now I just need to decide on which of the bizarre halfling cavalry out there to buy and add to my painting pile.



No comments:

Post a Comment